Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Learn from the youth





Yall know last night bought tears to my eyes right? I'm so proud to be an American today. I wish my grandparents were alive to see Obama, they would not believe it, but our youth, well we are a different breed.

I am truly proud of my country...really...ain't NObody betta talk bad bout' america! Anyway, last night got me thinking, I have a kid on the way, and I just hope I can raise him to be a unconditionally loving soul.....the world needs more of them, speaking of which, check out the story below, it's so touching...


I hope and pray that one day we can all keep love/life simple like these two did....




FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. -- Adults didn't see a drowning 5-year-old, but his 6-year-old friend did.

Haden Stusak, 6, of Fayetteville is being called a hero after he dived into a pool to investigate a shadow on the bottom that turned out to be his friend.

Josiah Buddah, 5, and Haden are buddies. Haden is a good swimmer, but Josiah can't swim without his water wings.

On Sunday, Josiah took off his water wings and sank to the bottom of the deep end.

"I was scared, I was scared," said Josiah.

An adult spotted a shadow in the pool, but couldn't get to it. No one knew the shadow was Josiah. But Haden got curious and dove down to investigate. He had been practicing diving to the bottom. When he discovered Josiah, he grabbed him and pulled him to the surface.

VIDEO: 6-Year-Old Saves 5-Year-Old Friend From Drowning


"Well, I grabbed him like that; he was like unconscious. I grabbed him and I was swimming like this," said Haden.

"He jumped inside the water; he helped me get back up," said Josiah.

Two nurses and doctor started CPR.

"They took me to the hospital," said Josiah. "I was dead and couldn't breathe."

It all happened in seconds.

"I could have been burying my baby this week, so just to know that he's here, No. 1, is amazing, because to see your child lifeless for a few minutes, you think it's over," said Josiah's mother, Judith Buddha.

"So I called 'Help, help, he drowned,'" said Haden.

Haden's parents told Channel 2 they ask him not to talk so loudly and to keep his voice down. This is one time they're glad they heard his screams.

Josiah is doing well and is now swimming with a float suit. He will start lessons in a couple of weeks.

And in true hero fashion, Haden says what he did was no big deal.

"Were friends. That's what friends do," said Haden.



http://www.wsbtv.com/news/16479379/detail.html

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet story.

June 5, 2008 at 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home