Monday, April 21, 2008

Let's talk about RACE....

Are black folks too racially sensitive? On that same note, do white folks have a tendency to be racially insensitive? Please state your opinion on both and why you feel the way you do?

When you see a person do you "notice" that they are of a particular race? Like if you got a new job, would you "notice" that your boss was Japanese as opposed to the traditional "white man/woman" we are accustomed to seeing in a c-level posisition Do you yourself feel "uncomfortable" in a situation where you are the only race in the room? What goes through your mind?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not racially sensitive at all. I don't mind seeing a brother with a white woman..I may be envious becasue he's a looker..but not because he crossed over. I have a brother who will only dates non-blacks. Some people have asked if it offends me and it really doesn't. It's his preference..I don't want him! We shouldn't block our blessings when it comes to love..just need to recognize if we have an attraction to someone and roll with it no matter what their ethnicity.

We all come from Africa anyway..



phynxsun

April 24, 2008 at 12:09 PM  
Blogger SunFresh said...

I am racially sensitive. I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing and I don't bring the race card to the table until something is blatent.

One instance, a co-worker of mine is of asain decent and I was taken aback by her comments that she doesn't like "ethnic" men or asain food. She's entitled to her opinions and I respect that. I was surprised nonetheless. I didn't walk away thinking negatively of her, I just found it odd. If this were a black person that said, "I don't like black men or soul food," I'd feel some kind of way and distance myself. Maybe that's small or overly sensitive of me...and I accept that.

Also, I live in the south (ATL) where racism is a live and doing quite well. (Just read AJC blog comments and its very evident)

April 29, 2008 at 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home