Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Jealousy Part II

Ok after a bit more analyzing, I'm starting to really and truly understand why "she" was jealous....it still hurts but at least I can come to grips with why she was so mean. Being lonely sucks. Watching everyone around you do things you want to do...sucks. I'm like the third person she knows this year who has had a child, one of her close friends and one relative just had a baby.

So, I'm thinking that because she equates her happiness to marriage+kids, that to her, her life sucks right now. I am just a reminder of that she does not have...sadly.

It sucks that she thinks this is the only thing that will make her happy, but it equally sucks that she would take it out on me....her sister in-law of all people. I started pondering, and I'm sure her mom is expecting her to organize everything for the baby shower (the one that I'm canceling as soon as possible) anyway, that's got to be painful, I'm sure she envisioned herself as the first baby-maker in the family as opposed to her baby brother, secondly, her mom is making her clean up a spare room at their house for "the baby" when it comes to visit, all this had got to be overwhelming, so perhaps I need to be more understanding...it's hard, but it's something I have to at least consider.....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good that you can see the other side. I agree that it is probably very sad for her. All of my friends and I are in the same single boat (I guess you call that a kayak). I don't know how I would feel if everyone around me was marrying and having babies. I hope I would remain positive.

July 11, 2008 at 9:15 AM  
Blogger Keelah said...

I am the same way. No matter how wronged I feel, I can ALWAYS see the other persons side of the situation. It sucks sometimes, because you feel you have a responsiblity to be the bigger person...but I wouldnt have it any other way. True empathy and compassion are rare and beautiful jewels. That is a GOOD thing that you can understand where she is coming from! :)

July 17, 2008 at 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home