Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Does it make you a liar if........

your answers change from day to day on similar questions? I don't think so, I know personally I answer questions in the "now", as in depending on how I feel on that day, this is excluding things I have very strong convictions about of course. I'm speaking of questions like, do you like this or that? or when was the last time you did such and such? Quite frankly, I may recall one memory one day, and perhaps another might be more memorable on a different day....anyway, do you guys think that folks who answer questions based on how they feel on a day to day are liars? even if the answers may change?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, there are always variations in which you may respond to a particular subject at hand. Of course, I agree that issues of moral & ethical convictions should, for the most part, always remain consistent. Now if your ideals regarding said values change due to life altering circumstance of course room for change should be respected.
As far as the little nuances of life; go-I may like chocolate today and next week the smell of it may sicken me. So as you said, it's a matter of what goes from day to day.


phynxsun

July 15, 2008 at 1:21 PM  
Blogger tcarmon said...

"the truth" is contingent on people (and their realities), and is thus no more rigid or absolute than we are. "the truth" is a living thing and is subject to the same nuances that apply to humans. so, ummmm no, i don't think that changing or morphing an answer to a consistent question necessarily makes a person a liar.

July 16, 2008 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger Keelah said...

I dont think so. If I am the same as yesterday...SHOOT ME!

July 17, 2008 at 9:51 AM  
Blogger Keelah said...

I dont think so. If I am the same as yesterday...SHOOT ME!

July 17, 2008 at 9:51 AM  
Blogger Keelah said...

I dont think so. If I am the same as yesterday...SHOOT ME!

July 17, 2008 at 9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow tory! well said brother!


phynxsun

July 18, 2008 at 11:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

July 18, 2008 at 3:06 PM  
Blogger BlackButterfly said...

@tory, that was a really good way to elaborate on how people interpret "truth". I suppose when some people get an answer they really see it in black and white, with no wiggle room....none!!!

July 18, 2008 at 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home